We’re always joking that selecting paint colors is the hardest part of our job! There are so many factors that can affect the tone or hue of the color, like sunlight or even the furniture in the room. If you have tried to select a paint color in the past, you know there are up to 100 different shades of every color. Even just trying to find the perfect white, you will find yourself sampling several shades until you find the right one! We have 5 simple tips that will help ease the process of selecting a paint color, take a look!
- Don’t select the paint color until everything is in place. As kitchen remodelers, we do not discuss paint until the cabinets, countertops, flooring, backlash, and other furniture are in place. Each of these elements will have an effect on the paint color, so selecting it last will save a lot of time.
- Once everything is in place, we begin to look at color swatches and select a few options. Limit the options to about 3-5 colors as it could be overwhelming with too many.
- Paint a sample of each color on the wall, this will allow you and your client to envision what it would look like in the room.
- Leave the samples for at least 24 hours. This allows your client to see the color in different shades of light from morning to night.
- Make final selections, or simply repeat the process!
Paint Sheens include: